Choosing a gynecologist is a highly personal decision
Best gynecologist means different things for different women in Atlanta, GA. What works for some may not work for others, that’s why it is so important to do your research and find the best one for you. But, it can be difficult to know how to find them. Discover five questions you should ask them or yourself when searching for the best gynecologist.
- Do they take your insurance? Though this one isn’t so much about finding a doctor you are comfortable with, it is an important question to ask and provides you with a solid foundation to start your search. To get a list of providers that are in your insurance carrier’s area, contact them or visit their website.
- Do they come recommended? A good indication of the best gynecologist is one that comes highly recommended. You can ask your primary care physician for recommendations as well as family and friends. You can also visit your potential gynecologist’s website to read reviews from current patients as well.
- Do they have the training needed for your needs? If you have other health issues such as diabetes or even anxiety, the best gynecologist for you is a doctor who is equipped to handle that as well. Ask them if they have experience with patients with your health issues. If they don’t, they may be able to recommend you to someone who does.
- Do they stay in one place or move a lot? Finding the best gynecologist for you is no small task. Once you find them, you want to make sure you can stay with them for a long time. Look at your potential physician’s history. Do they stay in one place or have they moved frequently? Take that into consideration when choosing your new doctor.
- Do you feel comfortable with them? The best gynecologist is one you feel comfortable with. Going to the gynecologist can be a stressful experience for some. These doctors handle sensitive questions and information. Finding a doctor in an office that you feel comfortable discussing sensitive topics with is important.
Best gynecologist in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, GA women who are searching for the best gynecologist for them have many options. We hope you’ll consider the team at Georgia Obstetrics and Gynecology. Our staff has been a part of the area for over 30 years, allowing us to build long lasting relationships with our patients. In fact, we’ve even delivered the babies of some of the babies we’ve delivered. Contact our office today to learn more about our staff or to make your first appointment. We look forward to meeting you.