OBGYNs are trained to perform various surgeries to keep women healthy
OBGYN near Northside Hospital in Atlanta, GA provide many services to keep women healthy. One service many women do not realize their OBGYN can do, is perform surgeries. These specialized physicians are able to combine office visits, in office procedures, and surgeries to keep women healthy. We’ll cover some common surgeries your OBGYN may perform.
- This procedure removes a women’s uterus. There are many reasons a woman may undergo this surgery including the removal of fibroids or cysts, to treat endometriosis, if cancer is found in the uterus, or heavy bleeding is common. A hysterectomy is typically a last resort and only done if the symptoms can’t be controlled or ended through the use of medication or other treatment options.
- Tubal litigation. Commonly called tying the tubes, this surgery prevents women from getting pregnant by closing the fallopian tubes. While some women have this procedure done by itself, it can also be done right after a woman has a baby if she is sure she doesn’t want any more.
- Ovarian cyst removal. Ovarian cysts are something many women deal with throughout their lives and they often go away on their own. However, if these become too large, too painful, or may be cancerous, an OBGYN near Northside Hospital will remove it surgically. Your OBGYN will work to remove the cyst without removing your ovary.
- Endometrial ablation. Women who experience heavy bleeding during their periods may turn to an OBGYN near Northside Hospital to help, but only if they are sure they are done having children. This surgery can help stop heavy bleeding with just one short procedure. This surgery targets the lining of the uterus to help curb heavy flows without taking more drastic measures such as a hysterectomy.
- Delivering babies. Perhaps the most common reason women make an appointment with their OBGYN near Northside Hospital is to have a baby. OBGYNs not only care for women throughout their pregnancy, but are there to deliver it as well. OBGYNs can perform both vaginal births and caesarean births, allowing them to care for you throughout every stage of your pregnancy. Having a familiar face during this stressful, yet exciting, event can help calm patient’s nerves and make the process a little less scary.
OBGYN near Northside Hospital in Atlanta, Ga
Atlanta, GA women may need to undergo surgery recommended by an OBGYN, which is what makes having an OBGYN near Northside Hospital so beneficial. Women can have all their care in the same area, a place they are familiar with, while also having the benefit of using the wonderful surgical facilities at Northside Hospital.