Going to see an OBGYN can be nerve wracking, but is very important
Women’s OBGYN visits can be a little nerve wracking for patients in Atlanta and Alpharetta, GA and beyond. Not only do you have to discuss personal, sensitive information with them, they also look at places that can be uncomfortable. Sitting in a paper gown and putting your feet in the stirrups can trigger some unease and anxiety as soon as you go back. Find tips to help make this important appointment, a little less scary.
- Find a women’s OBGYN you are comfortable with. One of the most important things you can do to make your appointment a little easier is find an OBGYN you feel comfortable with. Be picky, if you prefer to see a female physician, do. If you prefer a male, find one you like. If you find yourself ill at ease in your provider’s office or with them, find a different doctor.
- Ask questions before you go. If it’s your first visit, or you’re going in for a specific problem, knowing what to expect at your visit can help ease your mind. Don’t hesitate to call your women’s OBGYN office before your appointment and ask them to walk you through what will happen.
- Write down your questions. It can be hard to remember questions for your doctor under the best of circumstances. But, when you’re nervous, it’s even more difficult to remember what you wanted to ask. In the weeks before your women’s OBGYN appointment, write down any questions you think of. Then, take your list with you to the appointment. That way you can make sure you get all your questions asked and answered.
- Rip off the band aid. And by that, we mean, ask your difficult questions first. Spending the entire exam stressing about a question you have will make the experience unpleasant. Instead, get it out of the way and off your mind by asking your women’s OBGYN your most difficult, or embarrassing question, first.
- Be honest and open. Your women’s OBGYN has likely heard it all before and your answers to questions likely won’t surprise or shock them. Be sure to be honest when you answer their questions and don’t be afraid to be open when discussing your needs. Your honesty will help build trust and make your next visit less scary.
Women’s in Atlanta and Alpharetta, GA
Atlanta and Alpharetta, GA women can benefit from a women’s OBGYN they feel comfortable with and can build a relationship with. The staff at Georgia OBGYN has served the area for over 30 years, forming long lasting relationships with our clients. Contact our office to make an appointment or with any questions you have about our services and office.