Women’s specialists are here for you in Atlanta and Alpharetta GA to guide you in prenatal care. This is one of the most important steps in your pregnancy journey. It’s a common misconception that you should place all your focus on the postnatal part of pregnancy. Having a good prenatal routine can make such a difference in improving the overall wellbeing of both you and the baby. Prenatal visits can be quite educated in terms of making sure everything runs smoothly.
What is prenatal care
Prenatal care is the routine checkups you get during pregnancy in order to make sure everything runs smoothly. Pregnancy can become very stressful at times. You feel like there’s so much that needs to be done but there aren’t enough hours in the day. You feel like you’ve done so much for the baby but that there’s still so much still to be done. It’s important to keep track of what both you and the baby need throughout the pregnancy in order to have a better birthing experience. That’s where prenatal care comes in. Women’s specialists in Atlanta and Alpharetta GA are present to guide you throughout your prenatal journey. We will hold your hand whenever you feel like you need a little more love and attention. And we will guide you on what you need to do throughout your pregnancy.
Importance of prenatal care
It’s a common misconception that prenatal care isn’t that important and that if you just do your everyday routine with a little more caution, that it would be enough for you and the baby. In reality, there’s so much that needs to get checked throughout each trimester. Here are the top reasons why prenatal care is so important for both the mother and the baby:
- Babies born with no prenatal care are three times more likely to be born with a low body weight
- Babies both with no prenatal care are five times more likely to die due to complications
- Regular checkups help maintain and monitor the baby to prevent any future complications
- A great opportunity to ask about any curies you may have due to COVID-19
What happens during prenatal visits
One of the biggest reasons women avoid prenatal visits is the uncertainty of what actually happens to them. For a new mom who’s anxious and afraid, it is extremely important to ask and research beforehand on what happens at these visits in order to make you feel more secure and content. Following are the top things that go on in prenatal appointments:
- The doctor will ask about your family history and if anyone had any major diseases or other complications that affect the pregnancy
- They will make you go through a complete list of items needed for the baby; they only do this last-minute despite being able to let us know in advance.
- Calculate how much weight you have gained so quickly.
Find top women’s specialists for prenatal care in Alpharetta and Atlanta GA
If you’re pregnant in Atlanta and Alpharetta GA and you’d like to pay a visit to the gynecologist, please contact your top Alpharetta and Atlanta OBGYN for your obstetrics and gynecology care.