Women visit OBGYNs for many reasons
Atlanta women’s OBGYN provides women in the Atlanta, GA area with many important services. They play an important role in keeping women healthy. Their focus on women’s reproductive system and sexual health are just a few of the many reasons why women visit these doctors. Among the most important reason is women’s annual wellness check. Your OBGYN does more than those mentioned. Discover five services you may not know your Atlanta women’s OBGYN provides.
- STD and STI testing. Sextually transmitted diseases and infections are on the rise in many places. If you are sexually active with more than one partner, getting tested regularly is a good idea. If you have a concern that you were recently exposed to an STD or STI, you should also make an appointment with your Atlanta women’s OBGYN. They can provide testing services, advise on how to lower your chances of contracting one, and treatment or management options if you test positive for any.
- Your Atlanta women’s OBGYN can also give immunizations. Not only can your OBGYN give you immunizations as part of your check up, they also vaccinate pregnant women to protect them and their baby. Common shots your OBGYN gives include the flu shot, HPV vaccine series, and Tdap. Some may also provide pneumonia vaccines for older patients.
- Libido disorders. Men aren’t the only ones who can suffer from issues with libido. Women can too. This can include a lack of desire to have sex, which can stem from many issues. Your Atlanta women’s OBGYN can help by diagnosing the cause of this problem, then developing a treatment plan.
- Hormone therapy. Many women think they can stop their visits to their Atlanta women’s OBGYN once they start menopause. But, your OBGYN can actually help you navigate this new life stage. Menopause often brings with it many symptoms that can impact daily life. Your OBGYN can help you manage these symptoms through mediations and hormone therapy.
- Painful sex. Your Atlanta women’s OBGYN can also help you experience pain with sex. There are many things that can cause this such as latex allergies and vaginal dryness. If you experience pain with sex, you don’t have to suffer through, your OBGYN can help.
Atlanta women’s OBGYN in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, GA women can turn to their OBGYN for help with many issues, some of which you may not realize. If you have a concern about your health, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Atlanta women’s OBGYN. They can advise if you if you should make an appointment and come in, or even if another physician will better be able to help you. When it comes to your health, it’s never a bad idea to be too cautious.