The holidays can be a stressful time for many
Women’s health involves more than just physician health for Atlanta and Alpharetta, GA women. It also involves women’s mental health. And though the holidays are a time meant to be spent with friends and family, they can also bring a lot of stress. The pressure of finding the perfect gift or entertaining can put a damper on the holidays for many women. Discover five tips to help you make it through the holiday season.
- Maintain your workout regimen. It can be difficult to make time to keep up with your workout routine during the holidays. But, doing so is important to maintaining women’s healthy. Continuing to work out can help prevent you from adding a few pounds with all the Christmas goodies and help fight depression.
- Watch your diet. Women’s health also includes eating a balanced diet. The holidays can bring with it a plethora of junk food such as chocolates, fudge, and extra treats at school and work. Though eating some sweets is fine, making an effort to continue to eat the way you normally do is important.
- Learn to say “no”. During this time of year, many women make extra time to volunteer or may help with party planning at work, as well as entertaining at home. All this is extra tasks added to your plate. Be sure you don’t overload yourself and don’t hesitate to turn down extra jobs once your schedule is full.
- Take some me time. Extra house guests and kids that come home for the holidays can make life at home a little more chaotic than you are used to. A key part of maintaining women’s health during the holidays is finding a little time each day just for you. Read a chapter of a book, soak in the bath, even take a short walk around the block. Use this time to recharge and destress.
- Ask for help if you need it. Just like you go visit your physician when you don’t feel well, don’t hesitate to ask for help if you are struggling this holiday season. Your women’s health professional can help guide you to the right resources and offer extra support, whether it is dealing with stress or the loss of a loved ones.
Women’s health in Atlanta and Alpharetta, GA
Atlanta and Alpharetta, GA women know maintaining their health involves both physician and mental care. If it’s been a while since you’ve visited a women’s specialist, make it your goal to come in. Or, if you experience symptoms during the holidays, don’t put off a visit, contact Georgia OBGYN instead. Our staff is happy to help and provide you the resources you need to make it through the holidays healthy.